LIRC - Linux Infrared Remote Control.

interlug-list interlug-vSRlqIl1h/9eoWH0uzbU5w at public.gmane.org
Sat Jan 7 15:43:08 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-01-06 at 15:04, Colin McGregor wrote:

> - The circuit shown in
> http://www.lirc.org/receivers.html is simple (and can
> be made simpler, there are voltage regulators that
> don't require the protective diode D1 :-) ). Still,
> for publication I would want a SIMPLE circuit drawing
> program. Suggestions?
>
> - Likewise, would there be any interest in doing a PC
> board for the above? This would be done again with a
> view towards publication.

Eagle PCB is developed under Linux and ported to Mac and some other OS
that escapes me at the moment.  It is Proprietary and Closed.  There is
a free educational / demo version.
http://www.cadsoft.de/info.htm

Samples of EAGLE CAD output, from one of my projects, are here:
http://www.dyoh.com/?q=node/view/23 about half way down the page.

The canonical FLOSS electronic CAD system is gEDA.  I have not used it.
http://geda.seul.org/

I could do a board layout (and manufacture) for you but would not allow
publication unless:
- the board has been manufactured and tested (and works!)
- publication is not exclusive.

So what is your schedule?