var is mysteriously clogged

David Thornton david-FkEgs2FKm2NvBvnq28/GKQ at public.gmane.org
Fri Jan 6 23:41:05 UTC 2006

The Mac camp would speak up at this point and say: I have a system that
works right but I doin't know how and I don't need to.

And that would be ok.

I have to admit I take the "pop the hood and take a look" approach, I
assume that others do or should do. Which is not right thinking.

I assumed that Sy was in sysadmin mode ( as in; he was taking a
professional approach the maintaince of a business computer). If on the
other hand Sy is just being a user on say, a desktop, then go get a mac :P

Several IT guys I know ( Unixy or Windowsy) don't want to fix it went
they get home. They want it to just work. They get a mac.

I am however a masochist and love to pop the hood.

David

Joseph Kubik wrote:

>David,
>All I can think to say is "piss off".
>That being said,
>Sy's point (weather you like it or not) was valid and on topic. Your
>reply was juvenile, useless and rather missed the point.
>-Joseph-
>On 1/1/06, David C. Chipman <dchipman-rYHPKw+MWrk at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>

>>        Hi Sy,
>>
>>                I just have one thing to say: Ladies and gentlemen, we have a crybaby on the list. Sy, if you don't want to figure things out, go back to Windows. It's perfect for you! Later,
>>
>>                        -David Chipman
>>--
>>The Toronto Linux Users Group.      Meetings: http://tlug.ss.org
>>TLUG requests: Linux topics, No HTML, wrap text below 80 columns
>>

>--
>The Toronto Linux Users Group.      Meetings: http://tlug.ss.org
>TLUG requests: Linux topics, No HTML, wrap text below 80 columns

Let one walk alone,
committing no sin with few wishes,
like an elephant in the forest.
-- Ghost in the shell 2: Innocence