Tick, Tick, Tick... XP to eXPire by year-end

phil phillip-l+pbsqP8NtUm29vl6s1fFg at public.gmane.org
Fri Jan 6 15:39:40 UTC 2006

On Jan 6, 2006, at 12:29 AM, waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org wrote:

> I wouldn't be too surprised if Microsoft backed off for a year or so,
> like they did with Win98SE.  But that'll simply make them look less
> trustworthy to the public.

I haven't been following the Vista thing much.  If they don't change
that expiry, what would be the expected update window for affected
users...about 3.5 weeks?

(I *have* seen other reports that XP support will extend two years
beyond *whatever* date Vista is released.)

Phillip Mills
Multi-platform software development
(416) 224-0714