RHCE

Paul Mora paulmora-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Jan 6 01:45:16 UTC 2006

On 1/5/06, Imran . <imranqau-PkbjNfxxIARBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> I am starting to prepare for RHCE exam. If anybody has passed this exam
> recently please give some advice about how to prepare. Any good study
> materials, books, resources etc.

The RHCE is a practical exam, that is, you are tested on a live Red Hat
Enterprise Linux 4 machine.  It attempts to be a more "real world" test of
your Linux skill than a mere multiple choice test.

I used to teach the RH courses, and these are the things I told my students
in preparation for RHCE:

1. Get a practice machine at home, and start using it daily.  The more
experience you have with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 the better.  If you
can't get your hands on a copy of RHEL4, the next best thing is Fedora Core
3.  Install it, and configure the various services outlined in the RHCE
Study Guide

2. Check out https://www.redhat.com/training/rhce/examprep.html.  It
discusses the things you'll have to know to take the exam.

3. If  you have the dollars, or have an employer willing to pay, I highly
recommend taking the RH300 course from Red Hat.  It's a 4 day prep course
with the exam on the Friday.  The material is invaluable in preparing for
the exam.

Good luck!

pm

--