ActionScript as a teaching language

Paul King pking123-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Thu Jan 5 13:21:56 UTC 2006

I understood that it is taught for none of those reasons. Besides what I
mentioned, Java has objects but no pointers (in a U of T course I tutored, they
had a clever way of faking it, though). The high school curriculum teaches OOP,
but pointers are not a required part of the curriculum.

Paul King

On 4 Jan 2006 at 17:23, Lennart Sorensen (Lennart Sorensen <tlug-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org>) spaketh these wourdes: