[denise-YUuJdUf2yvMAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org: OANDA job description]

billt-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org billt-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org
Wed Jan 4 20:02:14 UTC 2006

----- Forwarded message from Denise McKinnon-Frew <denise-YUuJdUf2yvMAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> -----

Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 11:29:46 -0500
From: Denise McKinnon-Frew <denise-YUuJdUf2yvMAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>
To: billt-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org, qwerty172-wzCN7aUSXSrQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Subject: OANDA job description

Hello,

I finally got the job description from Oanda today. I forwarded the word version and copied and pasted a text version below.

Bill

Hello Bill,

Please find attached the job description for the System Admin position
here at OANDA.
Just let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Denise

Denise McKinnon-Frew
Recruiter
OANDA
30 St. Patrick Street, Suite 300
Toronto, Ontario
M5T 3A3

416-586-0328 Extension 214

denise-YUuJdUf2yvMAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org

Systems Administrator
OANDA CORPORATION
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CANADA;
Job Category: Engineering-Computer
Company URL: http://www.oanda.com
Posted Date: January 2006
Experience: 4 years

OANDA Corporation, a world leader in foreign exchange trading technology, is seeking bright, enthusiastic system administrators to join the extremely talented and experienced team at our downtown Toronto location.
Job description:
Installation/maintenance of corporate Windows/Linux developer workstations and Sun dev/test servers
Installation/maintenance of corporate LAN
Installation/maintenance of external production environments/deployments
Security policy creation/auditing/enforcement
Distributed network storage management
Backup/restore architecture
Code repository management
Webserver installation, configuration and performance tuning
Email/namesaver administration
Skills/Qualifications:
4+ years experience
Solid knowledge of:
Solaris 2.x; storage management (SVM), networking and general admin
Subversion/CVS
Apache 1.3.x
Redhat Linux; storage management (LVM), networking and general admin
TCP/IP, SSL, SNMP and other common networking protocols
BIND/DNS
Qmail/Postfix
Scripting; bash and perl

Assets:
Experience building HA clusters using Solaris tools (IP Multipathing, TrafficManager)
DB2 database admin
Please submit a brief cover letter introducing yourself along with a resume that outlines your work experience, achievements, qualifications, and credentials.
Contact information: denise-YUuJdUf2yvMAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org

----- End forwarded message -----