Question about Slackware and Package Management

Steve bassix-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Jan 3 15:15:41 UTC 2006

I am interested in trying Slackware, however I am curious as to how
package management works with it. Am I correct in assuming that
anything you want to install, you download the tarball and use make
and install? Are there any dependency problems? Is it up to the user
to make sure all required packages are present... will the install
process alert you to this?

I'm used to things like yum and apt-get so that is why I am wondering
what to do with Slackware.

Thanks for any info.

-Steve.