ot-no free lunch and UI issues

Kihara Muriithi william.muriithi-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Jan 3 03:55:44 UTC 2006

> I'm very pleased with the "user friendly" distributions which have
> been coming out.  I think there are a bunch of dangers with many of
> them because they are treading too hard on issues of system security
> but things seem hopeful to me.

I can't agree more. Ubantu handle security well, but I was not happy
that their install CD don't understand "linux rescue" option. You feed
the kernel that boot option and the distribution race right into
graphical install mode. I was expecting it to say invalid option at
least. With the way it currently behave, you can wipe your hard disk
thinking you are rescuing the system.
William