var is mysteriously clogged

Paul Mora paulmora-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Jan 3 02:09:10 UTC 2006

I, too, am getting to the point with Linux where I just don't have the
time/patience/brain cells to spend getting something that, in my mind,
should be easy, to work  I've been working with Linux since 0.96 of the
kernel, and have spent countless hours shoe-horning it onto all sorts of
hardware.

Maybe it's age... I find idea of spending hours just getting a DVD movie to
play or installing a new version of OpenOffice.org very unappealing.  I have
better things to do with my time.

That doesn't mean that I like Windows.  I love the fact that when I have to
dig deep into the OS, I can.  But a lot of what I do on Linux systems these
days should be simple enough to work out of the box.

My crybaby rant... ;-)

pm

--
Paul Mora