MP3 Players

Charles Philip Chan cpchan-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Tue Feb 28 21:06:12 UTC 2006

On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 21:54:14 -0500
John Moniz <john.moniz-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org> wrote:

>  From people's experiences, do any of the USB MP3 players get
> recognized as a drive in Linux so I can do a simple MP3 file
> transfer? Are there any players known to be trouble with Linux?

Here are some devices that works with Linux:

(1) IAudio (USB mass storage, Ogg Vorbis up to q 10):
    http://eng.iaudio.com/

(2) Samsung (USB mass storage, Ogg Vorbis up to q 10):
    http://www.samsung.com/

(3) MPIO (USB mass storage, Ogg Vorbis up to Q 10):
    http://www.mpio.com/

(4) Creative Zen

(5) Apple IPod

Although I have a MPIO, the IAudio is known for its sound
quality. Please stay away from IRiver, they have started using the
dreaded media protocol from Microsoft.

Charles

--
DPRINTK("doing direct send\n"); /* @@@ well, this doesn't work anyway */