spellcheck in openoffice not working

Daniel Armstrong dwarmstrong-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Feb 28 17:33:00 UTC 2006

When I use Spellcheck in OpenOffice, it returns a message stating
there are no errors in the text, even after I deliberately misspell
words to check its functionality.

I am using OpenOffice 2.0.1-2 on Debian 'Sid'. These are the packages
I have installed:

apt-get install openoffice.org openoffice.org-help-en-us myspell-en-us
apt-get install openoffice.org-thesaurus-en-us msttcorefonts

It is my understanding that myspell provides the dictionary for
spellcheck in OpenOffice. Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks for any help.