Metal Tux case badges... another approach

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Tue Feb 28 12:02:25 UTC 2006

--- interlug-vSRlqIl1h/9eoWH0uzbU5w at public.gmane.org wrote:
> On Wednesday 15 February 2006 14:11, Colin McGregor
> wrote:
> > Ok, the whole doing metal Tux case badges for the
> > Linux World show is a pet obsession for me... The
> > problem that I have is creating a "master" badge
> from
> > which copies can be made. To that end I asked
> about
> > CNC machines for directly cutting a master out of
> say
> > aluminium, an approach that so far has not come up
> > with workable solutions.
>
> Here's another go at the metal case badges.  A
> friend of mine is an artist and
> sculptor.  Here's what she came up with.

I appreciate you getting this. Last evening the GTALUG
board gave me a dollar figure that I will have to live
inside for the show. Now, I am going to have to sit
down and figure out what can be done inside that
figure as while I do want to do the case badges, there
are other things like photocopies, booth banner, etc.,
etc., that MUST take a higher priority.

So, I will have to get back to you once I have had a
few days to crunch numbers, but I strongly suspect
that $230 is out of the question and $115 is
problematic... Thanks again for checking.

Colin McGregor