Security of Open Source ASP Implementations

Robert Brockway rbrockway-wgAaPJgzrDxH4x6Dk/4f9A at public.gmane.org
Sat Feb 25 04:20:17 UTC 2006

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006, Ken Burtch wrote:

> Just curious but does anyone know anything about security issues
> regarding any of the open source ASP implementations?  Say, versus
> Microsoft ASP (that is, IIS)?

I'm not aware of any specific problems.

Bell are the ones who asserted the insecurity.  It is up to them to back
up this statement with specific technical arguments.

- What sort of insecurity are they refering to?  Expect them to be
   specific.

- Are they asserting a structural insecurity (a fundamental flaw) or a
   coding problem?

- If a coding problem, are they refering to an open problem or something
   that was fixed long ago.

Rob

--
Robert Brockway B.Sc.        Phone:          +1-905-821-2327
Senior Technical Consultant  Urgent Support: +1-416-669-3073