Promoting Linux before release of vista

Paul Sutton zen14920-1HOZaDBbGgxaa/9Udqfwiw at public.gmane.org
Fri Feb 24 15:01:49 UTC 2006

what about having to reboot after installing applications, just
installed acrobat reader (well upgraded) it wanteda reboot, as I was
busy I opted to do this later,  well later came, I just shut down, this
morning back into windows, I get a message from acrobat saying it needs
to reboot my computer, duh.

Apt-get install application,  downloads, installs, carry on working, no
reboot nonsense,  good selling point.  I think I have turned off te auto
reboot feature in windows, even though windows does not recommend this,
which in doing so its recommending rebooting while working and hense
losing data,

Incedently I try and do the same i.e tell people that with Linux I don't
get these problems at least it gives you a chance to tell people there
is more to life than Windows.

Paul

http://www.zleap.net
http://www.openoffice.org