new motherboard, new problem

bassix-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org bassix-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Feb 21 18:50:35 UTC 2006

On 2/21/06, John McGregor <mr.mcgregor-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> As I remember RH8 had its share of bugs. It may be that an upgrade is
> necessary in your case. You could test the idea by running Knoppix or
> the 'live' version of Ubuntu to see if the problems you are reporting
> disappear in the instance of an up to date kernel, as would be the case
> in one of the above.
>
> John

I agree with John... I re-read the original poster and they mentioned
he is running version 1.4.1 of Mozilla... which is not the current
version.

I would strongly suggest (after backing up important things, etc.
etc.) upgrading at least mozilla, and also any RH system upgrades
which might make it less "buggy" as well.

HTH too!