linux user&developer magazine ... ??

BusterThelen-YDxpq3io04c at public.gmane.org BusterThelen-YDxpq3io04c at public.gmane.org
Mon Feb 20 07:54:55 UTC 2006

In a message dated 2006-02-20 2:10:41 AM Eastern Standard Time,
tleslie-RBVUpeUoHUc at public.gmane.org writes:

is it worth  18.50 (An issue) in your opinion?

No, but that's just me, a neophyte in Linuxland.  Perhaps there are  others
out there who can comment more knowingly on its content.  Here's  what's in the
issue I obtained (#57):

Cover Feature: Patents, the commons and the theft of ideas.

Features:

    Remixing the Creative Commons: A look back on  a year of free culture
        as part of the UK's first  localized Creative Commons project.

    The Birth of LUGRadio: and embodiment of the  commons

    Magnatune: The "not evil" record label
        -- a collection of  Megnatune tracks were on the CD

    The Executable's Song: Examines how free software  enables us to trace
        the nature and culture of  the executable as it impacts on the
physical

    Monkey Business - .NET on Linux: Program in VB.NET  on Linux and run
        your applications on  Windows, or develop in C# on Windows and run
        your applications on  Linux...

    Foundation and Empire: Why open source start-ups  sometimes fail to meet
        eye-to-eye with the  business world

    Hacking the Kernel : this month's latest happenings  in the Linux
community

There are also numerous regular columns, soapboxes and reviews.

Sorry I cannot give a better review,

Buster

"And God said: 'If I had a penny for every sin...'  "