Promoting Linux before release of vista

Jason Shein jason-xgs8i/e9EeWTtA8H5PvdGCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Sun Feb 19 17:46:12 UTC 2006

On Sunday 19 February 2006 12:30, James Knott wrote:
> Peter wrote:
> > On Sun, 19 Feb 2006, Paul Sutton wrote:
> >> What has the group got planned to promote GNU/Linux before MS release
> >> vista, as that is going to get a massive publicity push for vista Just
> >> thoujght we should do something similar at around the time.
> >
> > I would suggest you wait for the Vista *BUGS* ;-)
>
> He shouldn't have to wait too long.  ;-)
> --

Especially if they are using the same "quality" of coding and testing prior to
release as they are doing for IE7. 15 minutes to find a security hole in the
beta2. wow.

http://www.pcworld.com/resource/article/0,aid,124595,pg,1,RSS,RSS,00.asp

Quote:
Mikko Hypponen, manager of antivirus research at F-Secure in Helsinki. "It's
probably the fastest from launch to exploit that I've ever heard about," he
says.

Yes I know it's only a beta, but still, come on!

--
Jason Shein
Director of Networking, Operations and Systems
jason-xgs8i/e9EeWTtA8H5PvdGCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
( 905 ) - 876 - 4158 Voice
( 905 ) - 876 - 5817 Mobile
http://www.detachednetworks.ca