XGL and the future of X Windows

Paul King pking123-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sun Feb 19 12:20:37 UTC 2006

If you're talking about the AVI file, you have to look for something to download
(widely available) that will play it. Windows Media Player (at least mine)
complained a bit, but played it anyway (no sound, but I don't think I missed
anything major, since it is a slide presentation).

Windows no longer supports the AVI format, though they invented it. That caused
other hackers to pick up the slack and to keep the format alive. The codecs and
players have to be downloaded, and yes it should play in Linux.

Paul King

On 18 Feb 2006 at 7:09, James Knott (James Knott <tlug-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org>) spaketh these wourdes: