Usable WIFI card: PCi or USB

Matt Price matt.price-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Sat Feb 18 06:34:02 UTC 2006

don't have my laptop in the house right now but I use a card based on
the acx100 chipset, and it works pretty much flawlessly (pcmcia).  I
also bought a startech 802.11g pci device (pci55wg) which was
automatically recognized and configured by ubuntu dapper -- so I odn't
even know which drivers it uses!  On the other hand, the cheap usb
device I got on college street, which uses the wlan-ng drivers, oly
works sort of half-heartedly, and I find it leads to trouble at boot
time on my mac.

so I'd go with the wlan-ng drivers or whatever it is that supports
this startech thing I have.

matt