twiki or ???

Fraser Campbell fraser-eicrhRFjby5dCsDujFhwbypxlwaOVQ5f at public.gmane.org
Fri Feb 17 15:11:17 UTC 2006

Hi,

I started a wiki at my company about 1 year ago.  It is now 400 pages,
growing like crazy and (obviously) popular.  There are about 15 active
editors currently and that could easily double soon.  No matter what
happens the wiki is almost certain to exceed one thousand pages by fall.

Does anyone have experience in running a big wiki? What limitations
might your have run into?

The wiki is primarily for documentation around support/deployment
procedures, howtos, etc.  I started with mediawiki and I'm starting to
see some faults.  The big flat wiki model leaves a lot to be desired as
does the rather shallow access control capabilities.  I have deployed
additional wiki instances for other groups to avoid too much tripping
over each other.   I like the idea of some access control and heirarchy.
twiki sounds promising.

I'm planning to give twiki a go, if anyone knows of something that might
be better I'm all ears.

Thanks