Cyrus on RHEL4/Centos4 virtdomains issue

Leah Cunningham leah-L9i2b+zLJ9LIrURfT66hzQ at public.gmane.org
Thu Feb 16 15:01:36 UTC 2006

I have enabled virtdomains, and set up sasl, which authenticates fine
when I do something like:

testsaslauthd -u leah-hcDgGtZH8xNAfugRpC6u6w at public.gmane.org -p secret

However, when I try to log in using a mail client, or cyradm, I see the
following sorts of messages:

saslauthd[32514]: do_auth         : auth failure: [user=leah]
[service=imap] [realm=] [mech=ldap] [reason=Unknown]

I think what I want is [user=leah-hcDgGtZH8xNAfugRpC6u6w at public.gmane.org] to show up there.  That
is what the testsaslauthd program sends.  The usernames are actually the
full leah-hcDgGtZH8xNAfugRpC6u6w at public.gmane.org string.

Has anyone seen this sort of behavior.  Or gotten this running on rhel
4?  I have used a pretty much identical setup with SUSE and Debian systems
with no issues.