Metal Tux case badges... or looking for a pantograph

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Thu Feb 16 02:55:29 UTC 2006

--- Evan Leibovitch <evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Colin McGregor wrote:
>
> >Ok, the whole doing metal Tux case badges for the
> >Linux World show is a pet obsession for me.
>
> You are aware that, before going out to create from
> scratch, there are
> already some existing sources of metal case badges,
> some of which are
> already etched:

Some of the firms listed below are new to me, but I
not only know Scotgold, but two of my home machines
sport case badges that I bought from them.  The
problem with even Scotgold, a firm with whom I have
had very satisfactory dealings is two fold:

- The prices are unacceptable for a trade-show
give-away item.
- These badges look nice, I want stunning.

There used to be an Austrailian based firm "Silicon
Breeze", now seemingly defunct that made truely
stunning metal case badges (at prices to match). You
can see some examples of the sort of work "Silicon
Breeze" did here:

http://talktech.geekzone.com.au/index.php?id=40

Now, I don't think I can reach that level (at least
not yet :-) ), but I do want to top what is to be seen
at places like Scotgold :-) .

Colin McGregor

http://www.securisysagency.com/designer/linuxtux/designs.html

http://www.scotgold.com/acatalog/ScotGold_Catalogue_Linux_Tux_Stuff_2.html