Help my server is doing a DoS on google

Robert F. Kennedy rfk-R6A+fiHC8nRWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Fri Feb 10 22:59:11 UTC 2006

Hello,

My RH9 updated (now) server running Apache, Postfix, Mailman (older
version), Mambo(older version) (PHP & MySQL), and DNS is sending out hits to
www.google.com at a crazy rate. When I do a Top command there are many Perl
processes running under user Apache. I've been notified by a group that
reports abuse that it is an irc bot let in through a file called xx.txt.
I've been searching for solutions to this problem but so far all I've gotten
is that I must update Mambo. I'll do that but is there any other way in the
meantime to kill the source of these DOS attacks coming from my server?

Thanks for any assistance,
Robert
Toronto