Do you prefer mailing lists or web based forums?

Daniel Armstrong dwarmstrong-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Feb 9 02:32:49 UTC 2006

On 2/3/06, Evan Leibovitch <evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Have you looked at Drupal's "listhandler" module? Using it means you
> don't have to choose between mail and web.

Thanks for all the feedback from the TLUGers who expanded on their
reasons for preferring mailing lists as opposed to web-based forums.
It gives me lots to think about - starting with the fact that I
*waaay* under-utilize my email experience! I just took a stab at
setting up my first email server (Exim+Dovecot+SquirrelMail, running
as a Xen virtual server), and I need to investigate the capabilities
of a good email client, apparently.

I will check out that listhandler module in Drupal, thanks for the
suggestion Evan.

- appears to incorporate several good ideas raised in this thread - a
mailing list that can be configured by a subscriber's email client to
manage their participation as they desire, a searchable web archive
for newcomers, a display online of the currently active discussions,
and RSS feeds.