Screen wallpaper

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Wed Feb 8 16:53:29 UTC 2006

--- Jason Shein <jason-xgs8i/e9EeWTtA8H5PvdGCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On Wednesday 08 February 2006 08:06, James Knott
> wrote:
> pretty bad.. =p
> > >
> > > What does one look for in a wallpaper?
> > >
> > > I have been using a simple repeated geometric
> pattern for ages
> > > and I still don't understand the need for
> anything more.
> >
> > I downloaded some nice space related pictures from
> National Geographic.
> >
> > --
>
> For an almost unlimited selection of wallpaper go to
> http://browse.deviantart.com/

Interesting mix of the good, bad and ugly...

My favourite places for non-Linux specific wallpaper
are the following two places:

  http://www.digitalblasphemy.com/
  http://www.visualparadox.com/

For the person who noted that he had just used one
wallpaper image, I would note that I tend to change
wallpapers with the season. Last summer when it was
fairly toasty here in Toronto I had wallpaper that had
an image with snow blowing across a roadway, a scene
somewhat reminiscent of where I grew up in southern
Quebec. My current wallpaper is a touch more tropical
:-) . No doubt in a few months I will be looking for
something a bit different again...