Linux World Canada Show, April 24-26, 2006

Jamon Camisso jamon.camisso-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Tue Feb 7 15:01:42 UTC 2006

Kihara Muriithi wrote:
> Hi all,
>  This thread triggered a question. Is there a CD for Linux from
> scratch distribution? I know its just hundreds of tar balls, but that
> can actually be very helpful for someone who is travelling to a place
> why dial up is a stable food.
>   I once though of collecting all the files, but its not easy if you
> haven't read through the LFS book. A collection of all those tar balls
> tied to a specific book version would life less boring when you can't
> be on line often
> William

Take a look here: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/livecd/
Quote: "Includes all sources and the LFS Book
This spares you from having to download all the packages individually, which can
be quite time consuming. It also removes the need for a working internet
connection."

Exactly what you are looking for no?

Jamon