:

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Feb 6 20:06:36 UTC 2006

On 2/6/06, Paul King <pking123-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I think you are going about this wrong ... You are sending this to everyone on
> the list. Please check the website at tlug.ss.org to see how to unsubscribe.

Unfortunately, the URL referenced at the bottom of each email

has become obsolete, what with things having migrated over to the wiki
at gtalug.org.

Presumably Drew Sullivan needs to modify the standard footer to point
to some place that is a bit more directly relevant, possibly
<http://tlug.ss.org/wiki/Mailing_lists>

I'd normally be game to "roast the dummy" about posting unsubscribe
requests to the Wrong Place, but when things have changed such that
the link isn't quite helpful enough, that would seem a bit unfair.

By the way, the way to unsubscribe is thus:

     Please send a mail to:
    tlug-request-HcP7FbCj2GFAfugRpC6u6w at public.gmane.org
    And in the body of the message, place only:
    "subscribe" to subscribe or "unsubscribe" to unsubscribe, without
the quotes.
"The true  measure of a  man is how he treats  someone who can  do him
absolutely no good." -- Samuel Johnson, lexicographer (1709-1784)