Apache2, Debian and SSI

Fraser Campbell fraser-eicrhRFjby5dCsDujFhwbypxlwaOVQ5f at public.gmane.org
Mon Feb 6 03:36:02 UTC 2006

Madison Kelly wrote:

>   Same question I have about the SSI tutorial
> (http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/howto/ssi.html), where do I put that?
>
>   The docs seem to assume that people know where to put directives. :p

If you look at the specific directive
(http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_mime.html#addhandler) you'll
see it mentions context.  For AddHandler context is server config,
virtual host, directory, .htaccess ... in other words you can put it in
a lot of different places.

If you want .shtml files to be parsed for server side includes
regardless of site or file location then you could put it globally ...
otherwise you might want it just in a <Directory ...> or
<VirtualHost ...>.