Linux World Canada Show, April 24-26, 2006

Scott Elcomb psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Feb 2 21:38:46 UTC 2006

On 2/2/06, Colin McGregor <colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
[...]
> Unless my assumptions in the above are WAY off base
> (and if you think my assumptions are way off base
> PLEASE tell me why), the "Freedom Toaster" is not an
> approach for mass at-the-show CD production.

Technically speaking, I agree with most of your argument.  It might be
possible to make an arrangement with the organizers if it benefits
them.

Most people probably wouldn't wait, so here's the benefit:  People
want to be "wow'd" when they go to tradeshows.  If the resources
become available, some attendees will at least see the toasters, and
out of those some will remember and discuss them with others that
weren't there.  That might bring even more folks next time.

If it's possible to gain mutual success for everyone involved, it
might be a worthy experiment.  We can dream or do.  It depends on the
community.

--
Scott Elcomb
psema4.gotdns.com