[Very OT] Saddam Hanging Video -- Some comments

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Sun Dec 31 22:09:20 UTC 2006

Paul King wrote:
> Sorry for this off-topic post
>
> The un-censored video (complete with camera misfirings) can be seen at
>
>     <snip>

I know *many*, *many* people have watched this, so please don't take
this as a personal thing, but I think watching that video degrades our
already-suffering society. I certainly don't think it's appropriate for
this list (but you did cover that with your subject).

Fark took the stance that even though groups like CNN and Fox want to
share it, fine for them, but they wouldn't. For that, I give them huge
props. As they said, it's a snuff film. To me, watching it is akin to
getting everyone out for a good 'ol public hanging. Something that
should have stayed done away with.

I have no lost love for Hussein, but I think this whole thing has been a
giant farce.

Madi