SMTP Options for Laptops?

Slackrat slackrat4Q-MOdoAOVCFFcswetKESUqMA at public.gmane.org
Wed Dec 27 01:29:52 UTC 2006

"William O'Higgins Witteman" <william.ohiggins-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org> writes:

> What do people do for outbound email on their laptops?  My solution has
> always been to ssh into my home machine and sidestep the problem, but my
> wife would like to run a local email client, and I am trying to find a
> way that she can send outbound email for any given network.  Thanks.
> --
>
> yours,
>
> William

You could investigate the services offered by NO-IP.com

They have solutions for dynamic ISPs and blocked ports

I used them without problem until changing ISPs recently to a more
enlightened ISP from a Rogers type dinosaur

I still actually use their nameservers

The costs are negligible

http://www.no-ip.com/

--
Regards, Slackrat [Bill Henderson] [No _4Q_ for direct email]
http://costofwar.com/ - Merry Christmas