Dig Camera

John McGregor mr.mcgregor-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sun Dec 24 19:58:33 UTC 2006

ISO 3200 capability may note be the panacea that you are looking for.
The max aperture
for the FinePix 31 is f2.8. At that aperture, my Sekonic L398 light
meter indicates a shutter speed
of 1/30 sec or longer for candle light (or similar light level). Since
the FinePix 31 lacks image stabilization capability,
this means that using a tripod is an absolute must. It's been my
experience that a shutter speed of
1/125 sec or shorter is necessary to to prevent camera shake being
transferred to images. FWIW, I just had my
light meter serviced and it is as accurate as the day it was made (it's
12 yr. old).

John