[OT] Dig camera

Jamon Camisso jamon.camisso-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Sun Dec 24 14:53:39 UTC 2006

Sy Ali wrote:
> On 12/24/06, Simon <simon80-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>> Right now, I covet the FinePix F30 or F31,
>> because of the low light performance:
>
> This is an excellent point.  I have serious problems in low light
> conditions.
>
> These days it even seems that fluorescent lighting will require a
> flash .. and it will still give me a grain.  Sigh.  =/

Canon's A710 has an image stabilizing feature that effectively lets you
shoot in varying light conditions +/-2 f stops. It apparently makes a
huge difference, letting you set your exposure longer or shorter, and,
for a mere $400 at your local big box store, you can get one too.

Hmm, Face detection on the F31d with 3x optical zoom, more control over
your aperture and exposure on the A710, with 6x optical zoom and higher
resolution... I think the Canon may be cheaper the the Fuji too.

Jamon