Vista, etc.

Sy Ali sy1234-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Dec 24 04:23:04 UTC 2006

Aaron Vegh wrote:
> For those who didn't know about Beryl, this YouTube video tells all:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0ZtcxHUSDQ
>
> I think we'll all be in trouble when we confuse nifty eye candy for a
> truly usable system. It looks better for about 15 minutes, then you
> get annoyed.

I agree with the noisy eye candy comment.

All this "desktop" needs are points and levels.. and a multiplayer
desktop mode, where you can maximize, minimize and move windows around
in a challenging way .. to see who is the best.

And sounds.. lots of sound everywhere, for any inane reason.

Maybe there could be some kind of skill progression system.. where if
you minimize and maximize a screen a lot then it can make some sort of
fishing-related sound.. and you can learn "miminimze screen level 2"
.. and chain your skills to learn "switch desktop".

Oh, and you can have allied play.. like some kind of crazy
minesweeper-meets-a-desktop-environment.. with everyone all clicking
various buttons at once..

Then you can add "elements" and collectability.. with rarity levels
and limited edition tiles and such.

it's a Massively Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Desktop (MMORPD)

--+

Screw the eye candy.. I want that "speed" stuff.. you know.. when I
minimize a window and it just frelling goes away without any delays.

All this application and environment candy just gets in the way of
what I'm at my computer for in the first place.