[OT]: How anyone can help the Atomic OS project

Chris F.A. Johnson cfaj-uVmiyxGBW52XDw4h08c5KA at public.gmane.org
Thu Dec 21 14:56:38 UTC 2006

On Thu, 21 Dec 2006, Scott Elcomb wrote:

> On 12/19/06, Scott Elcomb <psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> [...]
>>  What I'm looking for are what others in the community consider to be
>>  the top web-based tools.  I'd like to collect as many as I can and put
>>  together a base of really cool apps to "distribute" with the next
>>  major release of AOS.
>
> Ok, well I've added a bunch of links in the file explorer on the AOS
> desktop.  One link might be of particular interest to music
> afficiandos.  =)
>
> http://www.pandora.com/
>
> You don't even need to register for the service - a very well put
> together web app, even if it is flash.  :P

    I am skeptical of web apps in general, and flash in particular.
    This reinforces my feelings:

          A script in this movie is causing Macromedia Flash Player 7
          to run slowly. If it continues to run, your computer may
          become unresponsive.  Do you want to abort the script.

--
    Chris F.A. Johnson                      <http://cfaj.freeshell.org>