wireless router problem

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 12 19:12:20 UTC 2006

On Mon, Dec 11, 2006 at 12:52:58PM -0500, John McGregor wrote:
> It's a WRT54G and was purchased within the last two months. Because it's
> so new, I'm cautious about a firmware upgrade until research shows
> whether the unit can, in fact, accept an upgrade to OSS firmware.

What does the revision/version say on the sticker?  Version 5 is vxworks
based and from reviews I have seen it is an amazingly bad router and not
easy to upgrade to linux due to having a lot less ram and flash space
than previous versions.

Dell has the WRT54GL on sale for $49 today.  The GL is essentially the
WRT54G v4, which was the last one to run linux.

--
Len Sorensen