What company could release such a product. No, it couldn't be ... naw ...

phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org
Mon Dec 11 04:09:46 UTC 2006

> That begs to be seen on tape.
>
> On 12/10/06, phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org <phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>> Anybody remember those bandit-bank toys? You put a coin in a slot and
>> very, slowly a door opened. Then a mechanical hand grabbed the coin and
>> the door slammed shut. Inspired by that we put a small door on the front
>> of the PC. When the program crashes, the door opens, a mechanical hand
>> appears  and presses the reset button...

There was another version which had a toggle switch on the top. You turned
it to the ON position and a then mechanical hand would issue forth very
slowly from the internals, move the switch to the OFF position, and then
retract back into the box. It was like windshield wiper wiring: you turn
off the wipers in mid swipe and the motor continues to run until the
wipers are in the retracted position.

It was an earlier more innocent era, when such a device could entertain
for an entire evening.

Given the many bizarre variations of PC enclosures (including one that
looks like a Darth Vader helmet), I'm surprised someone hasn't implemented
this yet.

--
Peter Hiscocks
Syscomp Electronic Design Limited, Toronto