looking for shared web hosting

Kevin Cozens kcozens-qazKcTl6WRFWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Sun Dec 10 17:20:52 UTC 2006

Michael Hong wrote:
> Thanks, that does look interesting.  I had a look at dothost.ca and
> abacus.ca - they look like reputable hosts but their prices are a bit
> higher than some others I'm looking at.

One host I ran across which looks interesting is Canadian Web Hosting
(http://www.canadianwebhosting.com/). They charge $4Cdn per month (including
taxes!) for a 24 month plan. This gives you 500Meg storage, and 10 databases.

I am thinking of using them. I only want to move my current web site to a
better host than where my site is currently hosted (my original ISP). They
offer more than I need. They seem to charge a bit more for your own domain
name but that wouldn't be a problem for me. I don't plan on using a domain
name. I wouldn't even know what domain name I would want to use. The only
downside I see is adding ~username to the end of their default domain name
makes for a rather long root URL.

Does anyone know anything about this host (or similarly priced Canadian ones)?

--
Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.interlog.com/~kcozens/ |"What are we going to do today, Borg?"
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172        |"Same thing we always do, Pinkutus: