Dell 30" LCD sale price today [was Re: KnoppMyth on a 320G drive]

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sat Dec 9 20:38:04 UTC 2006

| From: Lennart Sorensen <lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org>

| Dell just dropped the price of the 3007WFP to $1699.  <drool>

Dell's deal-of-the-day today is this monitor for $1399, including
shipping:

http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/click?id=CAqD7bLWUPI&offerid=88712.353556446&type=10&subid=

I got this link from
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=374952

- 2560x1600 is nice

- you need a video card that supports dual link DVI (this is one DVI
  connector with two signal channels).  No integrated video controllers
  do this as far as I know.  Most ATI x1000 and nVidia 7000 series
  have this, but do check.

- There is only one input, DVI.

The Dell 24" monitor is quite nice, makes fewer demands on the system,
and is cheaper.  It also supports a lot of different inputs (VGA,
composite, DVI-d, S-Video, component).  But it only does 1920x1200.

I have both monitors.  I use the 30" as my primary monitor.  I can never
go back.