C header files location

Jamon Camisso jamon.camisso-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Sat Dec 9 04:38:58 UTC 2006

chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org wrote:
> Interestinghtat I get this...
> What is the location of the directory of C header files that match your
> running
> kernel? [/usr/src/linux/include] /usr/src/linux-2.6.5-1.358/include
> The path "/usr/src/linux-2.6.5-1.358/include" is an existing directory,
> but it
> does not contain at least one of these directories "linux", "asm", "net" as
> expected.
> It's interesting because the /usr/src/linux-2.6.5-1.358/include *does*
> contain a 'linux' directory...
> Chris

I may be confused on this, but you have to use (at some point) this
patch when installing vmware or vmware-tools on a Linux system:

http://ftp.cvut.cz/vmware/vmware-any-any-update105.tar.gz

It's been a while, but it could be that the patch sorts things out for
you. It will also launch your installation script again for you.