Vista, etc. (was: Re: Employment linux admin/programmer wanted)

Simon simon80-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Dec 9 03:18:21 UTC 2006

I think he meant the hardware issues.  Right now buying hardware to
run Linux on yourself can be a minefield, especially wireless and
graphics, and your average person doesn't even want to install an OS
themselves.  The solution for this really is to get into the hardware
business in order to promote the software, bundling and supporting it
with the hardware the same way Apple does.  I'd love it if there were
more businesses engaging in that sort of advocacy, it's much needed.

Simon