How to increase the value of a $100 PC to $250 and make it unaffordable

Simon simon80-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Dec 7 20:14:24 UTC 2006

If the hardware has an SD card slot, storage no longer becomes a
constraint on what you run - just yesterday I saw a limited-time sale
of a 4GB high speed SD card for less than 90 CAD.  Surely that's
enough to even run Windows XP, which means that storage is no longer
the limiting factor.  I cringe whenever I think about Windows being
sold to people in poorer areas, it's like selling it to everybody
else, only they have less money, which makes it that much more wrong
to try to collect money from them for a mediocre OS.