Portable mail archives?

Tim Writer tim-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Thu Dec 7 19:58:23 UTC 2006

Simon <simon80-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> writes:

> I didn't know about cp -rs - I forget what exactly I would have wanted
> a symlink tree for, but that's nice to know, assuming it does what I
> think it does (make real directory tree, and symlink files)

Correct. It's very useful for developers as it allows you to build for
multiple platforms from the same source tree, even if the build system
doesn't support that directly. Even when the build system has support for
concurrent, multi-platform builds, using a symlink tree is often easier!

--
tim writer <tim-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org>                                  starnix inc.
647.722.5301                                      toronto, ontario, canada