KnoppMyth on a 320G drive

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed Dec 6 19:06:16 UTC 2006

On Wed, Dec 06, 2006 at 12:29:43PM -0500, Teddy David Mills wrote:
> One thing I have found out just recently, is, use RCA's only as a last
> resort.
>
> Leave the RCAs left and right audio connected.
> Do not connect the RCA video.
> Connect the S-video.
> S-video is  so much cleaner and better than RCA.
>
> This of course is just from the commercial DVD player to the TV.
> I do have an s-video connector on the Hauppage PVR-250, but never have
> got KnoppMyth to show up on the TV yet.

Well it makes pretty good sense:

Coax: audio, and video all merged into one signal.
Composite (RCA): Audio channels seperated, video signal still merged.
SVideo: Audio channels seperated, video seperated into luminance
(brightness) and the chrominance (colour).  Color components still
merged.
Component: All signals are seperated.  2 audio and 3 video.  A number of
different formats exist for doing component video such as YPbPr or RGB,
among other less common versions.  I believe most displays that accept
component support YPbPr only, with more advanced ones accepting
additional encodings.  RGB is mostly used on SCART equiped displays in
europe or on things like VGA.

Of course the more signals you overlap or encode together, the more
chance there is of interference, and the signal gets worse.

--
Len Sorensen