[OT] mrtg/rrd & thunderbird, spam analysis

Byron Sonne blsonne-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Wed Dec 6 15:39:23 UTC 2006

Hey All,

I don't feel like setting up a mailserver or anything like that in order
to be able to analyse spam and filtering in moz Thunderbird.

I'm wondering if anyone has played around with directly operating on the
mail files themselves (i.e. like the files under dir names such as
/home/user/.thunderbird/abc1d2efb.default/Mail/pop/) and doing historic
trending reports.

I guess I could always do it in python, and use pychart for graphing
since I've got experience in that, but this sounds like the kind of
thing that I'm sure someone out there has thought about. I also kinda
suck at programming too, I can't deny that's a consideration in looking
for a canned solution ;)

Cheers,