Wireless cards

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 5 23:47:37 UTC 2006

On 12/5/06, D. Hugh Redelmeier <hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> | From: Merv Curley <mervc-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org>
>
> | I have no wish to go downtown to the College St area that some of you love so
> | well.
>
> Come to the meeting next week.  You will then be close to College St.
>
> |  Factory Direct would be nice,  :-) but I have many computer shops
> | along Kennedy Rd in Scarborough.  Incidentally, one of the shops with good
> | prices [Canada Computers] is almost ready with a new big store with ample
> | parking on Kennedy south of Ellesmere. The old White Rose Nurseries bldg.
>
> This is a little confusing.  At least to me.
>
> Factory Direct and Canada Computers are two of those College St.
> shops.  Factory Direct is also on Kennedy.  And you say that CC will
> be there soon.

These major stores all now have multiple locations.   Canada
Computers, for instance, assortedly has locations on College St, one
on Yonge north of Finch, at Pacific Mall (Kennedy & Steeles), with, at
this time, a total of 9 locations, which Kennedy & Ellesmere would
make 10.

It's kind of interesting; there are now multiple regions where most of
the big name College St shops *also* operate.  Many of the names on
College St also have locations on Kennedy Road near Ellesmere, in
Scarborough.  There are a bunch that also have stores in Pacific Mall.

The Kennedy Road location is likely pretty convenient for anyone in
the northeast.  (I drive past this area daily, living just north of
there...)

I noticed last night that Factory Direct had moved out of their
Kennedy Road location; I'm not sure where the new place is; the old
location is being replaced by some other computer store...
"...  memory leaks  are  quite acceptable  in  many applications  ..."
(Bjarne Stroustrup, The Design and Evolution of C++, page 220)