php and me don't get alone... help?

Kevin Cozens kcozens-qazKcTl6WRFWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 5 23:22:03 UTC 2006

Madison Kelly wrote:
>   I am trying to setup a tiny test script on Debian
> Sarge/Apache2/PostgreSQL 8.1/PHP5. Problem is, php5 doesn't have support
> for pg_connect (get the error "Fatal error: Call to undefined function
> pg_connect() in /var/www/html/index.php on line 2"). Apparently pgsql
> support is specifically excluded by default?

If you are writing some PHP code to access a database you should take a look
at ADOdb (http://adodb.sourceforge.net/). It allows you to write the PHP code
once and use any one of several databases.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.interlog.com/~kcozens/ |"What are we going to do today, Borg?"
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172        |"Same thing we always do, Pinkutus: