Problems with pdftotext

Kevin Cozens kcozens-qazKcTl6WRFWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Mon Dec 4 20:41:11 UTC 2006

Walter Dnes wrote:
>   I intend to write a blog entrey, and possibly send a letter about Ms.
> Cavoukian's support of "The 7 Laws".  I want to include a point-by-point
> refutation of some of her more outrageous whoppers.  I downloaded the
> PDF file from the Ontario government website, and ran it through
> pdf2text, so I could include quotes from it.  Let's just say that the
> translation didn't come out 100% perfect.  The problems include...

I recently had a need to convert two PDF files to HTML. I told yum to install
pdftohtml. It installed the package poppler-tools which has several PDF to
something programs. I wasn't too happy with the result.

I then checked the web sites and found their was source for a version of the
program newer than what I had just installed. The version I built and
installed from source worked much better and gave me what I needed.

I would suggest you check to see if there is a newer version of the pdftotext
program available on the net. If so, build it and install it. If you are
lucky(? like I was), you will find it works better for you should you need it
again in the future.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.interlog.com/~kcozens/ |"What are we going to do today, Borg?"
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172        |"Same thing we always do, Pinkutus: