looking for shared web hosting

James. Q Li shijialee-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Dec 4 07:16:35 UTC 2006

--- Michael Hong <crepuscule-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for shared web hosting for ~ $5 - $15 / month.  I don't have
> any content really :) but I thought it's about time I got my own domain.
> Also, I'd like to play around with the usual LAMP stuff...
>
> Has anyone anything good or bad to say about any of the following
> services?
>
> http://www.hostgator.com/
> http://www.inmotionhosting.com/
> http://www.bluehost.com/
> http://www.dreamhost.com/
> http://www.spry.com/
>
> http://www.vpslink.com/
> - this one looks interesting...  a cheap linux vps

I am using vplink hosting. the link-3 package. I got it in july while in promotion for $13/m. all
packages are unmanaged so you need to know what you are doing.  support is bit of slow but
responsive otherwise.  my server runs mostly fine but lately the ssh connection has been sluggish.
the vpslink guys are working on it.. you can check out the forum to find out other user feekbacks.

i would recommend it from my experience so far.

btw, vpslink is a child company of spry.

J.