For $150, Third-World Laptop Stirs a Big Debate

Jamon Camisso jamon.camisso-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Fri Dec 1 17:12:37 UTC 2006

/me wallops all involved with a very large smelly trout

Really... A real debate is about engaging with others and considering
their perspectives instead of figuring out how to ensure one's position
is always one of opposition. Debate is not the farcical political
rhetoric you get in the House of Commons. Debate is a constructive
dialogue between parties, in some cases with a dialectical structure.
There should be a goal to a debate. BUT THERE IS NONE IN THIS CASE,
THERE IS NO POINT TO THIS. If you think that this spouting of unfounded
opinions by various people is a debate we have a problem.

Let's keep things civil here and end this thread now before it really
gets out of hand (though I think it has already). Nothing productive is
happening here, so let's just stop now please.

Jamon